Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Barcelona, my love

I already traveled a lot of in my life. It was mostly through Europe. I love France. And, I worked also in Germany for long time. There are several cities there, where I could live. I like Dresden, München or Bamberg. However, if I discovered Spanish Barcelona, so it was love at the first sight. The city with one of the biggest concentration of young people in Europe is absolutely beautiful. It is city of Christopher Columbus, heart of Catalunya (Catalonia), where people speak other language then Spanish. It is city with Mediterranean mentality and way of life. The main boulevard – Las Ramblas – passes through the heart of Barcelona all the way to the see. And if breeze blows, then its sensual touch spreads into the hot city where it lives also after the sunset. So, what more can man wish? The street is full of people; the music sounds and people dance the wild flamenco. Simply as it can be said Latin, it is “genius loci”.

Also Second Life has its own Barcelona. It is beautiful Barcelona with the long boulevard, Barcelona with the dark recesses, sacred Barcelona. I am walking about this Barcelona and absorbing moments and meetings. My pictures are the impressions of these moments. The sun is burning and illuminating the building facades and roofs. The shadows of the light are covering also the cathedral walls and I am paying homage to the city in silent prayer.

Unfortunately, time is ephemeral. And also Barcelona is becoming the witness of past in Second Life and is fading in the light shadows and time mists. I wish to cry and to laugh together. I take maybe only one piece of tapas and cup of excellent coffee in bistro and memory does not go out.

My Barcelona!

SLurls: Barcelona del Pi, Barcelona del Oeste

It was written in the Paradise yard of St. Ursula in Brno on Thursday 30.06.2009. I drunk glass of Moravian rosé wine and ate a slice of bread with greave paste.











No comments: