Friday, June 11, 2010

11.6.1775

An avatar is an interactive, social representation of a user.
(Mark Stephen Meadows: I, Avatar – The Culture and Consequences of Having a Second Life)
It is a bit strange title of my today‘s article, isn’t it? Not particularly, I titled it so advisedly, because this day in my country will be the hottest in a row of day just form this very distant date. Today’s outsider temperature should reach 34 °C (93.2 °F), in the shade of course. The streets will become void, the swimming pools and the natural lakes and ponds will crowd, and people maybe will hide at home themselves.

So take swimwear, towels, something to drink and hooray to water!

And what about to water in Second Life? Everything is possible, as I have made sure yesterday, when I have received some IM: … i am in sl by the swimming pool and i bathe …” It only suffices to search through an inventory, takes the right type of clothing and sets out.

So I have looked on my inventory, took some clothing form Splendeurs and set out. First, it has not been to water, but later really to water, so to the sea, where I have lounged in pretty society.

Try it as an avatar! You are interactive and you are social!

SLurls: New Port, Splendeurs, Wirreno



No comments: