Saturday, August 1, 2009

Long Way - Point Four - Friendship

In Second Life, there are a lot of different creatures – avatars, which are an incarnation of somebody in Real Life. The word “puppet” characterizes this thing aptly. I do not know, if we are the puppets, the lifeless lonely beings to be lost in SL and controlling by other powers, and for all that in certain meaning they are alive. No, the loneliness is not that, because of that Second Life would lose its original and main feature – the social contact.

The contacts are equally important maybe as clothes and shape at the first steps in SL. Regardless, there is no good to mistake contacts for friendship (Contacts List vs. Friends List). My friendlist increased more or less to huge dimension during my existence in SL, when I added to my list everybody, who offered me friendship. Many of them communicated with me, the others mostly not. Only truehearted few are staying, the hard core, and few pillars tower over this core.

However, one of them has as big as immense importance for me. This meeting was pure random in the nature of things. I was an absolute newbie and he was seasoned and experienced resident. He was, strictly speaking, who brought me in this world. He was, who taught me and I learned a lot of things from him. He was, strictly speaking, who “made” me as that, what I am in SL today. There are his experiences and knowledge that I use and with help of them I have built my being here. He is not here, but his account still exists. However, we did not see each other for long time, only sporadic contact in RL. Just that is definite principle of genuine friendship.

My contributions are often with pictures from SL, but these ones are too personal like another in other situation with other friends. Let us then sleep the.

No comments: