Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Long Way – Point Eleven – Photography

After long time, I have decided to continue in article series, which I had named Long Way. Only for reminding, my second birthday in SL was an impulse to begin and surprisingly now it is my third one again on 11.07.2010. The year passed and there are many flocks of changes, new and old friends, extinctions old places and births of new ones in this world of Second life.

Today I would like to write about photography. I take pictures in my common real life too. I have abnegated still to take pictures on a classic film, so then this agreeable waiting for these pictures from a photolab. Will they bad or good? So this feeling is just irreplaceable, On the other hand, there is really the digital photography boom nowadays and one can simply buy a camera from a common compact to the high advanced digital reflex cameras. Nevertheless, it has not caught me.

Actually, I have taken pictures in second Life from my existence begin. I have taken everything possible around me, not only an environment and countryside, but also people around me, my friends. Many of these pictures have been created before I had begun to write this blog. Much of them are of course private and non-publishable. After begin of my writing, the photography frequency had been increased. Sometimes, there were the pictures only to add to a text, sometimes, they were its inspiration.

On the other hand, the photography in Second Life could be considered as some form of the digital photography. To the intent that you can produce such pictures in huge amount as long as you have enough place on your hard disk, and then you can sort and delete them or possibly changes them using different graphic software. It is same as by RL digital photography.

However, what cannot be done in RL is the possibility of some immediate change of environment. Since SL is dynamic world, it is possible immediately to change Estate Time and with help of Environment Editor Function also what kind of sky, clouds and water will be; all this can be done either manually or using already made templates from the SL creators. And provided you have already the last viewer version, that you can achieve another amazing effect with advanced options. The possibilities are plentiful, but sometimes more is detrimental and sometimes it cause the fall of all the viewer even all computer, because the hardware requirements are enormous.

So by my wandering, these my small fragments of virtual existence in Second Life arise. They are stops on the coast of endless ocean, sittings in its changing nearness and in light flashes from the nearby club on Groove sim. It is fantastic and big ABBA party at rezz day of one avatar in Club Arsenal or only usual party in sim Cafemar or in the shadows of Beachwood.

There is relatively a lot of these pictures, but I was sad did not show them. My former works you can find here on Koinup.

The photography has become my integral and essential part that I cannot already imagine that I could not take pictures in SL.

SLurls: Beachwood, Cafemar, Club Arsenal, Groove






















No comments: