Monday, June 8, 2009

Tattoo

Tattoo is old as a human being itself. This technique is known in Eurasia from the Neolithic times. Later also members of German and Celtic tribes used the tattoo. The Picts – warlike nation living in the north Scotland – was famous for your blue tattoo. They used indigo and maybe copper. On the other hand, people already used tattoo in Japan in the Paleolithic time. The tattoo, as we know nowadays, originates from Polynesia and it was discovered by the explorers in the 18th century.

There are a lot of reasons to make some tattoo on your own body. Tattoo had decorative and spiritual character. Today people chose it for cosmetic, sentimental, memorial, religion or magic reasons. It is used also as identification. There was notorious famous tattoo of people in the concentration camps during the Holocaust. The animals are also tattooed for the identification.

Whether there is any reason for tattoos, it is very popular not only in Real Live, but also in Second Life. And in the same way both in SL and RL, the tattoo creation is the art. Then, there is plentiful selection of patterns, colors and styles.

I wanted also some tattoo after my SL birth. Of course firstly, the newbie seeks except lindens also some clothes. The first place is of course some freebie shop. It was same by me. I received many tips and therefore I have my first tattoos for free. Later I bought many other free things there. It was some Spanish sim. I never seen it later, it disappeared with all things forever.

Later other tattoos came. Some of them I received from my friends and another I bough myself. The following picture set shows some small selection such creations on my body.





No comments: