Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Addiction

There was some real situation in Real Life that I wrote today’s contribution. Two things cause a panic among my colleagues in job – the electricity failure and subsequently the main server fall after electricity switch on later.
Addiction is a state, when somebody or something is conditioned some circumstance or situation that one needs – or thinks he it needs – to his/her existence own.
So, it is a definition. And how is it related to this failure? In essence, I realized, what it is the net addiction, i.e. addiction in Internet, Email services, Instant Messengers like ICQ, etc. All at once, a lot o f my colleagues began to plod along job corridors from nothing to nothing. They all commented passionately and sometimes loud on current situation. “And how long will it take? Does anybody know it? It is horrible, what is happening? It is a question, if they only sit by their PC and browse through the net. I thought the same. Of course, some people use PC for mathematical simulation using the big PC clusters. Evidently, they cannot work without the net connection. On the other hand, one checked the connection failure as it could be to say – on her/his skin own. However, this situation took until next day. By the way, this bug caused that only one half of my colleagues were without net. The second half, maybe happy or happier half, was good. Even if anyone who knows.

I checked this situation myself what it means not to be in Second Life. I was bit angry at the beginning, but later I told myself – Surely the world does not collapse. Live Real Life. Just so Iva Frühling sings in movie – Román pro ženy (Romance for Women) – Où tu veux, quand tu veux.

(Source: YouTube.com)

No comments: