Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Long Way – Point One – The First Small Steps

So, I was born. But actually, it was only a curiosity that brought me into Second Life. I already played some PC games a long tome, if my cousin showed me the computer called ZX Spectrum. Till now, I have remembered that all data had to be saved in this computer using a cassette tape recorder or using its big brother – a circular tape recorder. And the chess program Colossus was the best.

However some time before my birth in SL, my friend offered me totally something other. He was big fun of WoW (World of Warcraft). So but, it is “Massively Multiplayer
Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG)”, anyway it is still the game. However, I did not want it and it also did not interest me. Actually, some news that it will be created some Czechoslovak city in some Second Life; just it was the last and the most important impulse for me to enter SL.

Childhood, and first of all the carefree childhood, is that, what it is hard fixed in our memory. That is only the fragments of things that happened. I think that the first steps in SL are not simple for each was. It is necessary to go around the introductory sim. One can learn several things there. Not so much, but enough. Mainly, how one should manage your avatar. It was simple, because I tried hard and I have no problem with English. And then, hooray let us go into the world and to seek related souls.

So, I really found them. Not only, they advised me, how it is with clothes, how I can change my shape, but also how to received lindens. I would like to notice that at this time nobody would employ me, I had zero experiences. So, there was no talking about some work. I think that RobCZ Voom was the first, who explained me a camping and a system Ern2Life. There, I was earned the first lindens and rose to the Platinum position. Unfortunately, they later banned my account. I did not search why they did it, because I did not interest in that anymore. I was already elsewhere.

And it has happened that I have stayed in SL in spite of some problems and failures. However, time is close to over, because my train is reaching the target station and I have only last line on my paper page.

“Next station Second Life! Get out!”

(Written on 13.07.2009, during my journey home in the passenger train between Brno and Blansko, Czech Republic)

No comments: